Athletic Events Changed
Sept. 12, 2001
LAS VEGAS - The Colorado State at UNLV football game originally scheduled for Friday, September 14 has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 20 because of logistical issues caused by Tuesday's national tragedy. The start time of the October 20 game is to be determined.
"My hope was all games could be played and I certainly agree that we all need to get back to normalcy," UNLV Director of Athletics Charles Cavagnaro said. "Because of the uncertainty of charter air travel, the logistics will not work. Since both schools had the October 20 date open on their schedules it was easy to reschedule."
Fans holding tickets to the game will not need to get a new ticket issued for the makeup game. Individuals unable to attend the makeup game can go back to the point of purchase for refunds and must present the hard ticket(s) in order to receive a refund. If tickets were purchased from Tickets.com over the phone or via the website, individuals can call the Tickets.com customer service department at (800) 352-0212 for instructions on obtaining a refund.
Other UNLV athletic contests affected:
* The men's soccer tournament scheduled for Friday, September 14 and Sunday, September 16 has been postponed indefinitely because of logistical problems with teams scheduled to travel to Las Vegas for the tournament. Teams scheduled to compete were Michigan State, Rider and Drury.
* The women's soccer game scheduled for Wednesday, September 12 vs. Southern Utah at Peter Johann Memorial Field in Las Vegas has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 13 at 7:30 p.m.
* The women's soccer games scheduled for Friday, September 14 at Idaho and Sunday, September 16 at Eastern Washington have been cancelled because of the airport situation.
* The women's soccer team will now travel to NAU to face Oklahoma on Saturday, September 15 at 11 a.m.
* The volleyball team's trip to the tournament in Arkansas has been cancelled because of the airport situation. Teams scheduled to compete were Southeast Missouri, North Texas and Arkansas. Alternative competition arrangements are being explored.
* The women's golf team remains scheduled to travel to Franklin, Tenn., on Saturday, September 15 for the Mason Rudolph Championship, which is scheduled to be played on Monday, September 17 and Tuesday, September 18.