Athletic Training Graduate Interns:
We are seeking Athletic Training Graduate Interns to be assigned full time to UNLV Athletics for the 2014-2015 academic year from July to the end of May. Responsibilities include daily medical coverage of assigned UNLV sport(s) and team travel with assigned UNLV sport(s) during the fall and spring semesters. Additional responsibilities include supervising UNLV undergraduate athletic training students as a Preceptor. Graduate Interns are currently assigned to the following UNLV Sports: Football (2), Women's Volleyball, Women's Soccer, Softball, Baseball, Women's Track and Field, Men's and Women's Tennis. Graduate Interns will be assigned to sports based on experience and availability.
Kinesiology Admission Requirements:
Students interested in the graduate degrees within kinesiology must complete the following by the June 15 deadline.
- Possess an undergraduate degree in athletic training or a related academic discipline.
- Possess an overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00.
- Completed the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) prior to applying. Minimum GRE combined score in 50th percentile. Successful applicants generally have a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average and a combined score within the 65th percentile on the verbal and quantitative sections and higher than a 3.5 on the analytical section.
Send the following information to the UNLV Graduate College:
- A completed application for graduate studies.
- Official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended.
Upload the following to the Apply Yourself system:
- Copies of all transcripts sent to the UNLV Graduate College.
- Official GRE scores.
- A letter of intent that addressed reason(s) for wishing to earn an advanced degree, motivation for attending UNLV, summary of educational goals, summary of research activities and interests, and possible faculty mentors.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic record and potential for graduate study.
All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
- All Graduate Interns must also carry a minimum of 6 semester hours of credit.
- The Kinesiology masters program at UNLV is typically a two-year program of 33 credit hours, and requires a thesis or professional paper for your final examination.
- Applicants must be BOC certified or eligible by June 2015 (must be certified by August 2015)
- Applicants must be Licensed or eligible for license in Nevada - http://nevadaathletictrainers.nv.gov
UNLV Kinesiology Graduate Program - http://kinesiology.unlv.edu/gradprogram/index.html
UNLV Graduate College - http://graduatecollege.unlv.edu/
UNLV Athletics - http://www.unlvrebels.com
UNLV Athletic Training - http://web.unlv.edu/athletics/training/
- Two consecutive 11-month contracts from July 1 to May 31.
- $11,000 stipend per year (optional 12th month stipend available)
- Up to 3 Credits/semester tuition waiver (students pay the fees for each credit hour taken)
- Out of state tuition waiver
- Reimbursement for state licensure fee
If interested please send a letter of intent and resume to:
Rachael Waddle MS, ATC, LAT / Assistant Athletic Trainer / (702) 895-4034 office / firstname.lastname@example.org