Physical examinations will be administered by the UNLV team physicians. The times and dates for the examinations will be pre set by the Director of Athletic Training and will be issued to each Head Coach.
- All first year student-athletes must first receive academic clearance prior to being administered a physical examination.
- All first year and/or freshman student athletes, and returning student athletes with previous health and/or injury related problems will be required to complete a physical examination. The team physician and Director of Athletic Training will determine those returning student athletes who will be re-examined. A list of those individuals will be posted and delivered to each head coach.
- It will be the responsibility of the coaches to make sure all student athletes and/or prospective student athletes are notified of appointment times.
- Any student athlete who misses a scheduled appointment for a physical will be assigned another time at the convenience of the team physicians. However, the student athlete may be charged a fee for any physical performed in the offices of the team physicians, and the student athlete will be responsible for payment.
- Any student athlete who fails the physical examination for any reason will not be permitted to practice or condition in any form of intercollegiate athletics until cleared by the team physicians. There will be no exceptions.
- Any student athlete without a physical examination will not be allowed to practice in any form until the physical examination is completed.
- If any intercollegiate team at UNLV holds a tryout / practice for walk-ons, each participant must complete academic requirements, NCAA requirements and complete a physical examination with a UNLV Team Physician.
- If the student-athlete is unable to attend any of the scheduled physical exam dates at UNLV then the following steps will take place.
- Complete a physical exam (orthopedic and general medical) with any physician, using UNLV physical Exam forms. The physical exam must be performed by a physician within the past 6 months (per NCAA guidelines). Physical exams from the UNLV Student Health Center are acceptable.
- Return the completed forms to the UNLV Athletic Training Staff prior to the scheduled tryout or first practice.
- No physical examinations will be scheduled after the third week of the fall and spring semester.