Policy and Procedures of UNLV Sports Medicine Department
Sports Medicine Complex Rules
- All sports medicine staff offices are off limits to all except those asked in or accompanied by an athletic trainer. Student athletes should not be in the office for any other reasons.
- Student athletes are not permitted to use the telephone for personal calls for any reason.
- The medical cabinets within the sports medicine complex are off limits to all student athletes.
- TREATMENTS ARE TO BE ADMINISTERED BY ATHLETIC TRAINING STAFF ONLY. Student athletes are not to use, adjust, or manipulate any of the modalities in the sports medicine complex.
- Physician referrals are to be issued for athletic related conditions only. All medical referrals must be approved by a staff athletic trainer.
- All athletic training supplies, including stainless steel equipment, are to be confined to usage in the work areas. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The sports medicine complex is a reasonably sanitary environment and reasonable efforts should be made to maintain the facility in that manner.
- No cleats or athletic shoes are to be worn in the sports medicine complex. No shoes are to be worn during the administration of treatments.
- The sports medicine complex is CO EDUCATIONAL. Appropriate dress must be worn at all times.
- All supplies or equipment taken from the complex need to be checked out. The athletic trainers responsibility is to record checked out items on the EQUIPMENT CHECK OUT FORM. Failure to return borrowed supplies will result in the cost of the item being deducted from the student athletes scholarship stipend.
- There will be no horseplay, foul language, or any other confusion in the sports medicine complex.
- The sports medicine complex is for injured student athletes ONLY.
- No smoking or tobacco of any kind will be allowed in the sports medicine complex.
- Treatments will be administered between normal operating hours. Student athletes may, when appropriate, be treated a minimum of twice daily in order to insure a more progressive recovery. The athletic training staff and/or the team physicians will determine the appropriate treatments to be administered.
- No lounging or sleeping on training tables will be tolerated.
- Student trainers should keep all personal belongings and books in the lockers provided.
- THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A CLEAN, SANITARY AND SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT IN THE TRAINING ROOM IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ATHLETIC TRAINING STAFF, THE COACHES, AND THE STUDENT ATHLETES.