Nov. 4, 2017
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (UNLVRebels.com) -
@UNLVSwim&Dive | Meet Results
The UNLV men's and women's swimming and diving teams were handed a pair of dual meet losses on the road Saturday at PAC-12 rival Utah. The Rebel men lost by a score of 188-107, while the women fell by a total of 171-123.
THE RUNDOWN - MEN:
* Freshman Grant Nogan won the Rebels' first event, posting a time of 1:40.15 in the 200 free. Forrest Beesley took third in the race (1:43.09).
* Francsois Van Wynsberge was a close second in the 100 breast in 57.41.
* Avi Cohen was the runner-up in the 200 fly in 1:52.90.
* The Rebels went 2-3 in the 50 free, as Or Sabatier went 21.33 while Dylan Tarazona posted a 21.49 for third.
* Robert Morgan scored 266.93 on the 1-meter board to place third.
* Beesley was the top Rebel finisher in the 100 free in 46.03.
* Van Wynsberge paced UNLV in the 200 breast with a second place swim (2:06.46).
* Norgan posted a 4:43.40 in the 500 free to finish second.
* Tarazona finished second in the 100 fly (49.61).
* Jesse Cawley had the top UNLV score on the 3-meter board (288.15), good for second.
* The 200 free relay team of Beesley, Sabatier, Mark Theall and Tarazona turned in a time of 1:22.41 and would earn first place points.
THE RUNDOWN - WOMEN:
* Ida Schutt posted a third place swim in the 1000 free (10:33.78), won the 50 free in 5:06.23 and had the top UNLV time in the 200 IM (2:09.88).
* Lauren Smith took second in the 200 free (1:53.92) and third in the 500 free (5:07.68).
* Freshman Kate Afanasyeva won the 100 fly (57.27) and was third in the 100 back (57.15).
* Sofia Carnevale was the second place finisher in the 100 breast (1:05.57) and also took second in the 200 breast (2:06.46).
* Freshman Tara Wise led UNLV in the 200 fly, with a time of 2:09.94.
* Another freshman, Caitlyn Schreiber, was third in the 50 free (24.25).
* Mykalla Fielding was first on the 3-meter (3:13.95) and second on the 1-meter (273.83).
* Kyndall Phillips took the 200 back race with a time of 2:04.35.
* The 200 free relay team of Carnevale, Sydney Schuette, Schreiber and Smith turned in a time of 1:36.92 and earned first-place points.
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: UNLV's divers will compete in the USC Diving Invite from Nov. 10-12 in Los Angeles. The Rebels swimmers will return to the poll in the Texas Invite, held on Nov. 29-Dec. 2 in Austin, Texas.