Nov. 17, 2017
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) -
The UNLV women's swimming and diving team team won three events on Friday to remain in second place (619 points), while the Rebel men (456 points) currently are in third place after two days at the UNLV Invitational, held at the Jim Reitz Pool. UCSB leads both team standings, and the Pacific men are in second.
THE RUNDOWN - MEN:
* UNLV opened the night session with a sixth-place finish in the 200 medley relay in 1:30.39 (Forrest Beesley, Francois Van Wynsberge, Dylan Tarazona, Or Sabatier).
* Dagen Kipling led UNLV in the 400 IM, placing fifth in 3:59.72, while Van Wensberge was seventh in 4:04.42.
* Beesley posted a fifth-place time of 1:38.43 in the 200 free.
* Van Wynsberge and Sergini Marten went 7-8 in the 100 breast in times of 56.42 and 56.86, respectively.
* Mark Theall, Brad Gonzales, Grant Norgan and Beesley took fourth in the 800 free relay (6:37.49).
* Jesse Cawley was first on the 3-meter diving with a winning score of 320.35.
THE RUNDOWN - WOMEN:
* Kyndall Phillips, Sofia Carnevale, Kate Afanasyeva and Sara Delay swam on the second-place 200 medley relay (1:40.49).
* Afanasyeva took third in the 100 fly (54.76), Phillips was sixth (55.87).
* Two Rebels placed in the top eight in the 200 free, with Lauren Smith taking third (1:51.48) and Sara Delay fifth (1:52.52).
* Carnevale won the first event of the night for UNLV when she touched the wall in 1:01.75 in the 100 breast.
* Afanasyeva (54.59) and Phillips (55.01) went 1-2 in the 100 back while Eva Kim finished in eighth (57.64).
* UNLV's 800 free relay team of Carnevale, Sydney Shuette, Smith and Delay placed fourth in 7:35.79.
* Mykalla Fielding won the 1-meter diving with a score of 260.95, and Josauli Lacuesta placed third (224.40).
TEAM STANDINGS - MEN:
1. UCSB - 621.5
2. Pacific - 511.5
3. UNLV - 456
4. Cal Baptist - 396
5. Cal Poly - 353
6. BYU - 164
7. CSU Bakersfield - 151
TEAM STANDINGS - WOMEN:
1. UCSB - 699
2. UNLV - 619
3. Pacific - 440
4. Cal Baptist - 266
5. BYU - 251
6. Cal Poly - 230
7. CSU Bakersfield - 171
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: The UNLV Invite concludes on Saturday, with preliminaries at 9:30 am and the final heat of the 1650 free beginning at 4 pm.