Nov. 18, 2017
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) -
@UNLVSwim&Dive | Meet Results
The UNLV men's and women's swimming and diving team team closed out action at the UNLV Invitational, a three-day meet held at the Jim Reitz Pool, on Saturday night. The Rebels would combined for four wins on the final night, two on each side. In the final team standings, the Rebel women would finish in second (820.5 points), behind UCSB, and third (637 points) in the men's standings, behind UCSB and Pacific.
THE RUNDOWN - MEN:
* Freshman Brad Gonzalez took the 1650 free with easy, touching the wall in a time of 15:09.62, which would rank as the eighth fastest time in the nation coming into Saturday. His 1000 time of 8:59.42 is a new school record, while his overall 1650 time is the third fastest on the UNLV record books.
* Sergini Marten was the top finisher in the 100 IM for UNLV, touching the wall in 52.22 for seventh place.
* James Piotrowski was seventh in the 200 back (1:50.53).
* Forrest Beesley led the Rebels in the 100 free, placing fifth in 44.64.
* Francois Van Wynsberge was the 200 breast winner, thanks to a first-place time of 2:00.07.
* Avi Cohen turned in a fifth-place swim in a time of 1:49.06 in the 200 fly.
* UNLV's 400 free relay squad of Or Sabatier, Dylan Tarazona, Mark Theall and Beesley finished third in 2:57.39.
THE RUNDOWN - WOMEN:
* Mayte Cano led UNLV in the 1650 free with a time of 17:07.80 for a third place finish.
* Kate Afanasyeva turned in the fifth-fastest time in the 100 IM in 58.06.
* Kyndall Phillips won the 200 back for UNLV in 1:58.00. Claudia Guillory was fifth in 2:04.14, while Eva Kim placed seventh in 2:06.87.
* Sydney Schuette was the top Rebel in the 100 free in 51.44.
* Sofia Carnevale won the second-event of the night for UNLV, after posting a time of 2:12.72 in the 200 breast. Mackenzie Logan also scored in the event, as she was seventh in 2:20.45.
* The Rebels closed out the night with a second-place finish in the 400 free relay in 3:25.00.
TEAM STANDINGS - MEN:
1. UCSB - 931.5
2. Pacific - 737.5
3. UNLV - 637
4. Cal Poly - 570
5. Cal Baptist - 553
6. BYU - 222
7. CSU Bakersfield - 203
TEAM STANDINGS - WOMEN:
1. UCSB - 1,068
2. UNLV - 820.5
3. Pacific - 600
4. BYU - 393.5
5. Cal Poly - 369
6. Cal Baptist - 360
7. CSU Bakersfield - 295
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: UNLV will be back in action at the Texas Invite, held on Nov. 29-Dec. 2 in Austin, Texas.