UNLV holds its only dual meet of the fall schedule on Friday night.
Oct. 31, 2013
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) -
The UNLV men's and women's swimming and diving teams hold their home opener on homecoming weekend, as the Rebels will host Toronto on Friday, Nov. 1 at 7 pm in Buchanan Natatorium.
UNLV swimming and diving weekly release
Rebel Women Highlights
• The Rebels bring back a strong group from last year, highlighted by a senior class that has two All-Americans (Honorable Mention), Rachel Dixon (50 Free) and Katelyne Herrington (100 Fly).
• Herrington is also a returning MW individual champion, as she won the 100 fly title last year in a new league record time. Herrington and Dixon also made up half of the 400 free relay squad that won the MW title.
• Herrington currently holds the top time in the MW in the 100 fly in 54.85, which also ranks 23rd in the nation.
Rebel Men Highlights
Next Time Out
• The Rebels are currently 1-1 on the year, following a loss at #23 Arizona and a win at Arizona State.
• Senior Giacomo Gremizzi was named the WAC Swimmer of the Week after four wins over the weekend, including a three-win performance against Arizona State.
• The Rebels hold the top time in the WAC in 12 of 16 events, while Gremizzi is currently seventh in the nation in the 400 IM (3:53.99).
The Rebels will be on the road at Utah on Friday, Nov. 8 at 5 pm (PT), and at BYU on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 12 pm (PT).