March 6, 2018
Results/Live Scoring | Media Guide | Season Statistics | Videos | @UNLVGolf | @SHCollegiate
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) - The UNLV men’s golf team shot a second-round 2-over-par 290 Tuesday and is tied for second at the Southern Highlands Collegiate, which is being played at Southern Highlands Golf Club (par 72, 7,374 yards).
TCU shot 1-under 287 for the second round and is the team leader after 36 holes at 2-under 574. The Rebels are tied for second with Florida at 1-under 575, while Oklahoma and Pepperdine are tied for fourth at 1-over.
Individually, all five Rebels are among the top 27. Junior Harry Hall has led UNLV and is tied for sixth at 3-under 141. USC's Justin Suh has a two-shot advantage on the field at 6-under.
STAT OF THE DAY: UNLV is still one of only three teams to be under par at the event.
REBEL OF THE DAY: Sophomore Justin Kim turned in the Rebels' best score of the day as he was 1-under 71. He had four birdies and three bogeys.
COMPLETE REBEL SCORES:
• T6th – Harry Hall, junior (69-72=141, -3)
• T17th – Shintaro Ban, senior (72-73=145, +1)
• T17th – Justin Kim, sophomore (74-71=145, +1)
• T27th – Jack Trent, freshman (72-74=146, +2)
• T27rd – Garrick Higgo, freshman (72-74=146, +2)
• T48th – Justin Chong*, sophomore (75-74=149, +5)
• T80th – J.J. Gresco*, freshman (79-84=163, +19)
* Competing as an individual
TOP FIVE TEAMS:
1. TCU (287-287=574, -2)
T2. UNLV (285-290=575, -1)
T2. Florida (282-293=575, -1)
T4. Oklahoma (293-284=577, +1)
T4. Pepperdine (288-289=577, +1)
There are a total of 15 teams and 81 individuals competing
• The Southern Highlands Collegiate annually attracts one of the top fields in college golf.
• This year's event includes four of the nation's top-10 ranked teams and nine of the top 30.
• UNLV has won the team title at the Southern Highlands Collegiate in seven of the last 13 years.
• UNLV dominated its last tournament with a 12-shot win at the N.I.T. in Tucson, Ariz. Its team total was 50-under par. Ban won his second individual title of the season at that event.
• Last season, UNLV won the Mountain West Championship for the second straight year, captured an NCAA Regional title and advanced to the ‘Elite Eight’ at the NCAA Championship.
• Ban and Hall are both 2017 All-Mountain West Team honorees, and Ban earned honorable mention All-America. In addition, Ban was named an All-America Scholar.
• This year, Ban is a candidate to play in the Arnold Palmer Cup and is on the watch lists for the Hogan and Haskins Awards, which go to the nation's top collegiate golfer.
• UNLV has an active NCAA record of 29 consecutive regional appearances.
• This season marks the 31st at UNLV for Hall of Fame head coach Dwaine Knight.
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: The final round is scheduled to begin Wednesday at 9 a.m. The public is encouraged to attend the tournament and admission is free.
LIVE SCORING: Live scoring of the tournament is available at UNLVRebels.com, courtesy of Golfstat, or by clicking here.