March 7, 2018
Results | Media Guide | Season Statistics | Videos | @UNLVGolf | @SHCollegiate
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) - The UNLV men’s golf team shot a final-round 1-over-par 289 Wednesday and finished in fourth place at the Southern Highlands Collegiate, which was played at Southern Highlands Golf Club (par 72, 7,374 yards).
No. 5 Florida shot a final-round 4-under 282 to win the team title with a 54-hole total of 5-under 859. No. 10 Texas Tech and No. 19 USC both tied for second at 1-under, while the Rebels finished five shots off the lead at even-par 864.
Individually, USC's Justin Suh earned medalist honors at 8-under 208 after a final-round 2-under 70. UNLV was led by junior Harry Hall, who finished second at 6-under. He was 3-under during the final round.
STAT OF THE DAY: UNLV was one of just four teams to finish at even par or better at the event.
REBEL OF THE DAY: Hall was the low Rebel during the final round. He had a bogey-free final 18 holes and carded three birdies.
COMPLETE REBEL SCORES:
• 2nd – Harry Hall, junior (69-72-69=210, -6)
• T11th – Shintaro Ban, senior (72-73-70=215, -1)
• T35th – Garrick Higgo, freshman (72-74-74=220, +4)
• T38th – Justin Kim, sophomore (74-71-76=221, +5)
• T45th – Jack Trent, freshman (72-74-76=222, +6)
• T48th – Justin Chong*, sophomore (75-74-74=223, +7)
• T81st – J.J. Gresco*, freshman (79-84-82=245, +29)
* Competing as an individual
TOP FIVE TEAMS:
1. Florida (282-293-284=859, -5)
T2. Texas Tech (294-287-282=863, -1)
T2. USC (293-290-280=863, -1)
4. UNLV (285-290-289=864, E)
5. TCU (287-287-291=865, +1)
There were a total of 15 teams and 81 individuals competing.
• The Southern Highlands Collegiate annually attracts one of the top fields in college golf.
• This year's event included four of the nation's top-10 ranked teams and nine of the top 30.
• UNLV dominated its last tournament with a 12-shot win at the N.I.T. in Tucson, Ariz. Its team total was 50-under par. Ban won his second individual title of the season at that event.
• Last season, UNLV won the Mountain West Championship for the second straight year, captured an NCAA Regional title and advanced to the ‘Elite Eight’ at the NCAA Championship.
• Ban and Hall are both 2017 All-Mountain West Team honorees, and Ban earned honorable mention All-America. In addition, Ban was named an All-America Scholar.
• This year, Ban is a candidate to play in the Arnold Palmer Cup and is on the watch lists for the Hogan and Haskins Awards, which go to the nation's top collegiate golfer.
• UNLV has an active NCAA record of 29 consecutive regional appearances.
• This season marks the 31st at UNLV for Hall of Fame head coach Dwaine Knight.
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: UNLV will be back in action Friday-Saturday, March 9-10, at the Jackrabbit Invitational, which will be played at Boulder Creek Golf Club in Boulder City, Nev.