Oct. 9, 2017
Live Scoring | Season Statistics | Videos | @UNLVGolf
VESTAVIA HILLS, Ala. - The UNLV men’s golf team shot rounds of 3-under-par 277 and 5-over 285 Monday at the Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate, which is being played at Old Overton Golf Club (par 70, 7,204 yards).
The Rebels have a 36-hole total of 2-over 562 and are in sixth place. Host Alabama leads the field at 16-under, while Baylor is second at 14-under. Individually, Arkansas’ Mason Overstreet has a one-shot lead at 10-under after two rounds of 5-under 65.
STAT OF THE DAY: UNLV senior Shintaro Ban recorded eight birdies through the first 36 holes, while freshman Jack Trent had seven.
REBELS OF THE DAY: Two UNLV individuals are in the top 10 as Trent is tied for seventh at 4-under and Ban is tied for ninth at 3-under.
COMPLETE REBEL SCORES:
• T7th – Jack Trent (67-69—136, -4)
• T9th – Shintaro Ban (69-68—137, -3)
• T31st – Harry Hall (69-74—143, +3)
• T40th – Justin Kim (72-74—146, +6)
• 56th – J.J. Gresco (76-74—150, +10)
TOP FIVE TEAMS:
1. Alabama (271-273—544, -16)
2. Baylor (269-277—546, -14)
3. BYU (280-271—551, -9)
4. Arkansas (286-269—555, -5)
5. Auburn (282-278—560, E)
6. UNLV (277-285—562, +2)
• This is UNLV’s fourth tournament of the fall season. The Rebels have finished fourth on two occasions (Gene Miranda Falcon Invitational in Colorado, William H. Tucker Intercollegiate in New Mexico).
• UNLV finished second as a team at last year’s Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate.
• Last season, UNLV won the Mountain West Championship, captured an NCAA Regional title and advanced to the ‘Elite Eight’ at the NCAA Championship.
• UNLV has an active NCAA record of 29 consecutive regional appearances.
• This season marks the 31st at UNLV for Hall of Fame head coach Dwaine Knight.
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: The final round of the Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate will be played Tuesday, Oct. 10. Live scoring is available off a link at UNLVRebels.com