Rebels Finish 14th In Georgia|
Oct. 22, 2017
ALPHARETTA, Ga. (UNLVRebels.com) - The UNLV men’s golf team shot a final-round 11-over-par 299 Sunday at the Golf Club of Georgia Collegiate, which was played at the club’s Lakeside Course (par 72, 7,017 yards).
REBEL STAT OF THE DAY: Ban and sophomore Justin Kim each had three birdies during the final round, while sophomore Harry Hall had an eagle.
COMPLETE REBEL SCORES:
• T12th - Shintaro Ban, senior (70-70-71—211, -5)
• T30th – Harry Hall, junior (70-70-73—213. -3)
• T54th – Jack Trent, freshman (68-73-78—219, +3)
• T73rd – Justin Kim, sophomore (74-71-81—226, +10)
• 78th – J.J. Gresco, freshman (77-77-77—231, +15)
TOP FIVE TEAMS:
1. Oklahoma State (277-286-274—837, -27)
2. Texas (279-279-282—840, -24)
3. Wake Forest (282-271-289—842, -22)
T4. Georgia Tech (284-277-285—846, -18)
T4. UCLA (282-283-281—846, -18)
14. UNLV (282-284-299—865, +1)
• This was the final tournament of UNLV’s fall season.
• The 15-team field had five of the nation’s top-10 teams, eight of the top 25 and 13 of the top 50.
• UNLV did not compete in this tournament last year.
• The event was previously known as the United States Collegiate Championship.
• Ban was coming off his second career individual title as he tied for first at the Jerry Pate in Alabama.
• Last season, UNLV won the Mountain West Championship, captured an NCAA Regional title and advanced to the ‘Elite Eight’ at the NCAA Championship.
• UNLV has an active NCAA record of 29 consecutive regional appearances.
• This season marks the 31st at UNLV for Hall of Fame head coach Dwaine Knight.
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: UNLV will host its Alumni Match Sunday, Nov. 12, then Rebel Golf Day on Monday, Nov. 13. The Rebels’ next intercollegiate competition will be in February in Hawaii.