Rebels Defeat UC Riverside|
Feb. 2, 2018
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) - The UNLV men's tennis team downed UC Riverside 4-2 to split a Friday doubleheader at the Fertitta Tennis Complex.
The Rebels, who lost to Loyola Marymount earlier in the day, improved to 2-2 while the Highlanders fell to 2-4 overall.
REBEL OF THE MATCH: Richard Solberg got the Rebels off to a strong start in singles play by quickly winning his match 6-1,6-1.
NET NOTE: UNLV is playing four dual matches in just 30 hours.
"Long day on the courts and we have to keep working on getting better in doubles. Against a team like LMU we needed to win the doubles point. Big thanks to everyone who came out to support the team today."
-Head Coach Owen Hambrook
NEXT FOR THE REBELS: UNLV hosts another doubleheader Saturday, taking on New Mexico State starting with doubles at 10 a.m and then Weber State at 2 p.m. Admission to all matches is free of charge.
Men's Tennis Match Results
UNLV 4, UC Riverside 2
Feb. 2, 2018, at Las Vegas
(Fertitta Tennis Complex)
1. Alexandr Cozbinov (UNLV) def. Pawel Jankowiak (UCR) 6-0, 6-2
2. Ruben Alberts (UNLV) vs. Benjamin Kilchherr (UCR) 7-5, 3-2, DNF
3. Courtney Lock (UNLV) def. Kyle McCann (UCR) 6-2, 6-3
4. Richard Solberg (UNLV) def. Gilbert Chung (UCR) 6-1, 6-1
5. Nabil Abdallah (UCR) def. Jordan Sauer (UNLV) 6-3, 6-3
6. Clayton Alenik (UNLV) def. Vignesh Subramanyan (UCR) 6-2, 6-2
1. Alexandr Cozbinov/Courtney Lock (UNLV) def. Benjamin Kilchherr/Vignesh Subramanyan (UCR) 6-2
2. Kyle McCann/Filip Engstrom (UCR) def. Ruben Alberts/Jordan Sauer (UNLV) 7-5
3. Anderson Ju/Nabil Abdallah (UCR) def. Eric Samuelsson/Clayton Alenik (UNLV) 6-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (4,1,5,3,6)