UNLV Cheer & Dance Program - Overview
The intercollegiate athletics Cheerleading Team supports the University of Nevada, Las Vegas' primary mission of education, research and public service. UNLV's department of Intercollegiate Athletics measures success by how the program contributes to the overall development of the athlete as a student and as a good citizen.
- Create an atmosphere that enhances education through: study hall, advising, priority registration, and grade reports.
- Maintain at least a minimum of 12 credits to promote on time graduation.
- Provide exciting and challenging entertainment and support at UNLV Athletic events.
- Explore areas of fundraising to increase scholarship opportunities and revenue.
- Serve as a public relations ambassador in the community through: charity events, University functions, and public events.
- Produce nationally competitive cheer & dance teams.
- To lead the cheers; to raise the level of fan support for intercollegiate athletics
- To perform gymnastics, partner stunts, motions, pyramids, dance movements
- To serve as public relations ambassadors at university activities, functions, programs, charitable and public events
- The primary purpose of a cheerleader and dancer is to be a member of the team that supports the intercollegiate athletics and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
To lead the cheers; to raise the level of fan support for intercollegiate athletics; to lead in positive vocal support for the team; to solicit that support from UNLV fans and to project that support to the University and its teams.
To participate in the athletic activity known as Cheerleading by performing gymnastic, partner stunts, motions, pyramids, dance movements; to perfect this athletic activity for keeping the crowd attention/direction focused on the field/floor where the intercollegiate activity is taking place, and for entertainment and competitive purposes.
To serve as public relations ambassadors of intercollegiate athletics and the University; to uphold, reflect and project the goals and ideals of the University; to appear at University activities, functions and programs, at charitable and public causes to promote intercollegiate athletics and the University.
In all matters and policies concerning cheer at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, it is required for each squad member to execute good citizenship and sportsmanship while representing UNLV.
UNLV representative and team members will conduct themselves in a proper manner (no violence, alcohol, drugs, narcotics, etc), and in accordance with all NCAA, Mountain West Conference and University rules and regulations.