UNLV Pom Program - Overview
The intercollegiate athletics Pom Team supports the University of Nevada, Las Vegas' primary mission of education, research and public service. UNLV's department of Intercollegiate Athletics measures success by how the program contributes to the overall development of the athlete as a student and as a good citizen.
- Create an atmosphere that enhances education through: study hall, advising, priority registration, and grade reports.
- Maintain at least a minimum of 12 credits to promote on time graduation.
- Provide exciting and challenging entertainment and support at UNLV Athletic events.
- Explore areas of fundraising to increase scholarship opportunities and revenue.
- Serve as a public relations ambassador in the community through: charity events, University functions, and public events.
- Produce nationally competitive cheer & dance teams.
The UNLV Pom Team supports the University of Nevada, Las Vegas' primary mission of education, research and public service. UNLV's department of intercollegiate athletics measures success by how the program contributes to the overall development of the athlete as a student and as a good citizen.
- Facilitate academic success through opportunities such as study hall and life skill classes
- Engage in a variety of community service projects
- Provide leadership opportunities within the team
- Perform dance routines with perfect athleticism
- Maintain a unified and respected dance program, which is recognized locally and nationally
POM TEAM GOALS & OBJECTIVES
To lead cheers; to raise the level of fan support for intercollegiate athletics; to entertain in a positive manner and to give visual support for the team; to solicit that support from UNLV fans and to project that support to the University and its teams.
To participate in the activity know as Dance by performing routines with perfect athletic activity for keeping crowds attention/focused on the field or floor where intercollegiate activities are taking place, and for entertainment and competitive purposes and to convey a positive image.
To serve as public relations ambassadors of intercollegiate athletics and the University; to uphold; reflect and project the goals and ideals of the University; to appear at the University activities, functions and programs, at charitable and public causes to promote intercollegiate athletics and the University.
In all matters and policies concerning the dance team at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, it is required for each squad member to execute good citizenship and sportsmanship while representing UNLV.
UNLV representative and team members will conduct themselves in a proper manner (no violence, alcohol, drugs, narcotics, etc), and in accordance with all NCAA, Mountain West Conference and University rules and regulations.