UNLV CHEER AND DANCE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Scholarship awards are available to team members that have completed a minimum of one (1) consecutive year on the squad.
Scholarships are selected and based on eligibility requirements as follows:
1. Full time status - 12 credit hours
2. Completed one (1) consecutive year on the squad
**Alternates are eligible for scholarship after completing one (1) consecutive year on the squad.
Scholarship levels are determined by cumulative GPA.
Amount may vary from year to year based on the level of funding for scholarships.
VALARIE PIDA SCHOLARSHIP
The Valerie Pida Scholarship was established in 1994. The scholarship is based on academic excellence and continuing the memory of former cheerleader, Valerie Pida through cheerleading and dance. A committee awards one or more members of the cheerleading or dance squads this scholarship each academic year, it is only available to members the have completed one year on the squad. (sponsored by the UNLV Alumni Association)
TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP (Academic)
Scholarships will be terminated as a result of the following violations:
REDUCTION OR CANCELATION OF ATHLETIC AID/SCHOLARSHIP
- Enrolled in less than 12 credits
- Cumulative GPA below 2.00
- Violation of team rules and regulations resulting in termination from the squad
- Institutional financial aid may be reduced or canceled during the period of the award if the recipient:
- Renders himself or herself ineligible for competition.
- Fraudulently misrepresents any information on an application, or financial aid agreement.
- Engages in serious misconduct warranting substantial disciplinary penalty.
- Voluntarily withdraws from a team at any time for personal reasons.